Our history began in 1931 on Third Street in downtown Winona, Minnesota. Frank Cunningham came to Winona for a teacher training course at Winona State Teachers College. After completing college, he wanted something better than the $50.00 a month teacher’s salary, so he opened the Steak Shop Restaurant. The Restaurant remained open until 1976 when urban renewal changed downtown Winona and all buildings on the same block as Steak Shop Restaurant were demolished. In 1976, the Witt family then opened up a commercial kitchen at 301 East Mark Street and this location became Witt Vending & Steak Shop Catering. In 2008, Witt Vending was sold and Steak Shop Catering became its own once again as Steak Shop Catering & Food Service, this time owned by Daryl Reidel. The facility is still a commercial kitchen and has expanded to over 5000 square feet. Steak Shop Catering is the largest caterer in Southeastern Minnesota.